This design utilizes a geared machine, ropes, and counterweights instead of
hydraulic equipment. The main guide rails are mounted on each side of the car
and an additional pair of counterweight rails is located on one side or at the
rear. The geared machine, along with the related drive equipment, is generally
located above the hoistway in a penthouse machine room. In some limited
situations, it can be located next to the hoistway at a lower landing. This
latter arrangement is referred to as a basement traction.
- No risk of oil contamination to the ground.
- Accommodates front and rear openings in any configuration.
- Available for both low and high capacity cars.
- Nearly unlimited floor travel is possible.
- Has greater power efficiency than hydraulic applications.
- Allows significantly higher car speeds than hydraulic designs.
- The material cost is substantially higher than that of hydraulic
- There are structural building considerations because the elevator is
supported by the top of the hoistway.
- Elevator maintenance & repair cost is generally greater than that of hydraulic
- Cycle time for securing the material package and installing it is
generally longer than that of hydraulic elevators.
Metro Elevator offers
elevator modernization, and maintenance repair on
single holeless hydraulic elevators located in the entire state of Indiana, as
well as parts of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky. And yes... we are
fully licensed in IN, MI, KY, and OH to serve you.
by email or give us a call and we do our best to answer any questions you may